Agents of change: the Olympic example
Joint event, co-hosted by the American Chamber of Commerce in Japan (ACCJ), the Australia New Zealand Chamber of Commerce in Japan (ANZCCJ) and the British Chamber of Commerce in Japan (BCCJ)
We have heard for years how Japan would benefit from having more women in senior positions in business and government, yet the numbers are still very low. Now, with the flagship of the Olympics in 2020, a push from the Abe administration, and business leaders crying out for change, the issue is higher up the agenda than perhaps ever before. But does Japan have the ability to take the necessary action? And just how could this action be rolled out within the next six years? It's certain that all eyes will be on Japan leading up to the Games.
On June 17th we have the opportunity to put the spotlight on how the public and private sector can role model sustainable change in the areas of diversity and inclusion, not just by putting more women into senior positions, but by creating cultures that empower them to stay, contribute and flourish. We will hear from Sue Hunt, Director of Strategic Programmes from the 2012 London Olympics and Paralympics, who put diversity at the heart of the Games, as well as senior leaders from both the private and public sectors, who will share their experiences, challenges and successes vis-a-vis affecting positive organisational change in Japan, in an open panel debate.
- Sue Hunt, Director of Strategic Programmes at London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) Interview with Sue, on Diversity and Inclusion HERE
- Danny Risberg, CEO of Philips Electronics Japan, Chairman of the European Business Council (EBC)
- Melanie Brock, Chair of the Australian and New Zealand Chamber of Commerce in Japan (ANZCCJ), formerly Regional Manager Japan for Meat & Livestock Australia
- Keiichi Ushijima, Principal Fellow, Ernst & Young Institute Co., Ltd.
- Graham Davis, Head of BCCJ Events
Paid reservation by June 11 17:00, after which there can be no refunds on cancellations. No-shows will be charged.
Please let us know in advance if you have any special dietary requirements, at the time of booking. お食事に制限のある方（ベジタリアン・アレルギーなど）は必ず事前に知らせください。当日の変更はお受けできません。
Platinum / Corporate Plus / Corporate / Entrepreneur Members can use free seat coupons to attend this event. You must be logged into the BCCJ website in order to use your free seats.
Venue InformationGrand Hyatt Tokyo 2F Coriander Room
6-10-3 Roppongi Minato-ku Tokyo
Venue link →
Access Map →
- Bank transfer