Inside JR Central
Exclusive event for BCCJ members, with one of Japan's giants - JR Central (Tokaido Shinkansen Operator)
The Tokaido Shinkansen began operating in 1964. Throughout 50 years of commercial operations, it has maintained a flawless record of no passenger fatalities or injuries onboard. Currently operating 342 high speed rail services a day that run at 270km/h, JR Central has maintained reliability with an average delay of just 0.9 minutes per operational train.
So, just how do they do it?
Join us on January 29 for a behind the scenes look at this global phenomenon, meeting the people who make the whole thing happen.
0840 Meet at Tokyo Station
0850 Event begins
1715 Event closes
- tour of JR Central's training facility in Mishima (not open to the public) where drivers train for months before being permitted to drive a real live Shinkansen
- lunch in the JRC canteen
- trip on Japan's newest Shinkansen N700
- behind the scenes look at 'miracle' Shinkansen cleaning system
- meet and greet with JRC managers, drivers and staff
- This event is limited to 16 spaces. First-come, first-served.
- English translation will be provided.
- Participants are required to attend the event from the beginning till the end. 途中参加・部分参加は出来ません。
Reservations by Jan 13, after which there can be no refunds on cancellations. No-shows will be charged. お申し込みと同時にご送金をお願いいたします。
締め切り後はキャンセル出来ません。 セキュリティの都合上 参加者変更はお受けできません。
Free seat coupons cannot be used for this event. 誠に申し訳ありませんが参加費無料のクーポンは使用できません。
BCCJ Members only event (BCCJ会員以外の方はご参加いただけません）
We already sent the final information to all the attendees. If you have not received it, please contact the BCCJ office soon. （ご参加お申し込みの皆さんにはすでに最終の確認メールをお送りしております。もし受け取っていない方は至急BCCJオフィスにご連絡ください。）
Venue InformationMeeting point:
0845 JR Tokyo Station, Nihonbashi Exit
We already sent final confirmation email to all the attendees.
If you have not received it, please contact the BCCJ office soon.
Venue link →
Access Map →
- Bank transfer