2017 British Business Awards
This year marks the tenth anniversary of the highlight in the UK-Japan calendar - the annual British Business Awards! Join us for this year's glamorous red-carpet event with luxury prizes, a British gourmet experience, top entertainment, and the suspense and excitement of the awards ceremony!
The British Business Awards (BBA) gala, run by the British Chamber of Commerce in Japan, recognise excellence and promote success and innovation across all industries. The awards also acclaim the important social contributions made by organisations through their commitment to community, ethical behaviour and environmental sustainability.
British Business Awards trophies are presented by Her Majesty's Ambassador to Japan each year to mark outstanding contributions to the UK Japan commercial relationship. BBA award categories are open to any eligible companies or individuals with relevant achievements.
What can you look forward to at the 2017 BBA?
- A glamourous red-carpet evening of ten-year anniversary celebrations in the luxurious surroundings of the Grand Hyatt Tokyo with over 300 guests
- Champagne and G&Ts on arrival, with G&T bar courtesy of The Botanist
- Black-tie gala dinner with a 5-course Great British menu - and accompanying wines from Berry Bros & Rudd
- Recognition of UK-Japan excellence across a variety of industries
- Five coveted designer trophies presented to winners by British Ambassador to Japan
- Top quality entertainment and live music, from The Conductors, and British School in Tokyo Jazz Band
- Fabulous selection of luxury door prizes and raffle prizes
2017 BBA Categories
This year, judges will be looking for winners who are champions of business in the following categories:
Company of the Year
Nominees are required to show excellence and outstanding achievement in all aspects of their organisation in Japan, focusing on the past 12 months.
Entrepreneur of the Year
Nominees should be individuals who exemplify entrepreneurialism and have driven commercial success through an entrepreneurial spirit. Nominees will typically be leading non-listed organisations in Japan with 25 employees or fewer.
Nominees should be joint ventures or other partnerships that have made demonstrable contributions to the enhancement of the UK–Japan economic or commercial relationship.
Open to any eligible company in Japan that has driven exceptionally effective community programmes or initiatives. Nominees should not be NPOs.
Nominees should be companies that have enjoyed commercial success through practicing innovation. Nominees should have released onto the market a successful product, service or solution from January 2016.
- Jaguar Land Rover Japan Ltd.
- Robert Walters Japan K.K.
- Taylor Brunswick Japan K.K.
- Berry Bros. & Rudd
- The Botanist Gin
- Custom Media
- Financial Times
- Guy Perryman
- All Nippon Airways Co.,LTD.
- Andaz Tokyo
- Dr. Martens Airwair Japan
- Euro Merican Fashions
- Japan Arts Corporation
- Japan Scotland Association
- Kagoshima Prefectural Visitors Bureau
- Life 14
- The Peninsula Tokyo
- Hotel Shiroyama Kagoshima
- Perinod-Ricard Japan
- Shimazu Ltd.
- Sterling Content
- Swan & Lion Deli and Bakery
- Walk Japan Ltd.
- Watanabe & Co. Ltd.
- Philippe Fauchet OBE, Chairman and Representative Director GlaxoSmithKline K.K.
- Lady Barbara Judge CBE, Chairman of The Institute of Directors
- Astrid Klein, Architect, Klein Dytham architecture
- Bill Sweeney, CEO of the British Olympic Association
- Esther Williams, First Secretary and Head of Trade, British Embassy Tokyo
- 2017 BBA dress code: black tie or national dress
- Please let us know if you have any special dietary needs by Oct 11; menu cannot be changed on the day. お食事に制限のある方 （ベジタリアン・アレルギーなど） は必ず10月11日までにお知らせください。 以降は特別メニューのお申し込みは出来ません。
- Nijikai (after-party) will take place from 2230-0000 on the Grand Hyatt Tokyo 4F.
Tickets must be paid by October 11 17:00 after which there can be no refunds for cancellations. No-shows will be charged.