Asia and the UK: prospects in a post-Brexit era
With a proposed Brexit bill soon to become law, and the upcoming "take-it-or-leave-it-vote" to determine Britain's final deal out of Europe, there are set to be knock-on effects across global economies.
On November 28, we will host a lunch-time seminar led by Shamik Dhar, Chief Economist at the Foreign Commonwealth Office (FCO), focused on the future of the Asian economy and the commercial opportunities that can emerge in a post-Brexit environment.
The speaker will cover:
- Opportunities presented by Brexit.
- The extent to which Asia now generates its own demand, as opposed to depending on other, advanced economies.
- The role rich Asia plays in the pan-Asian market, with a focus on supply chains, technology, and innovation.
- Insight into China’s prospects and the potential regional resilience to a Chinese slowdown.
- What do the rich Asian countries want from a new global economic architecture going forward?
- How are DPRK-related tensions are being felt and likely to play out? Economic implications and scenario planning.
Attendees can enjoy:
- an understanding on how your business might benefit in a post-Brexit environment
- an overview of the UK Government's views on the Asian economy
- the opportunity to network with 20 fellow BCCJ members in a seminar setting
- a 3-course lunch
About the speaker
Shamik is the Chief Economist and Director for Economics at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
He has had 30 years experience as a professional economist, alternating between private and public sectors. He started at HM Treasury in the late 1980s, moving on in the 1990s to Oxford Economic Forecasting and the Bank of England (where he ran the UK forecast team and was a senior manager in Monetary Analysis). In 2000, he moved to Morley Fund Management, then in 2004 co-founded Fathom Consulting, a leading economics consultancy, before moving back into asset management with Aviva Investors in 2009.
Event Coupons: **Platinum/Corporate Plus/Corporate/Entrepreneur members can use free seat coupons to attend this event. *** (Log in before booking your seat).
Cancellation policy: Paid reservation by November 20 12:00 after which there can be no refunds on cancellations. No-shows will be charged. We can not accept cash at the door.
Dietary requirements: Lunch is included. Please let us know at the time of booking if you have any dietary requests.
参加費無料クーポン： 2017年度年会費をお支払いいただいた企業会員の方は参加費無料のクーポンを使用できます。必ずHome page (このウェッブサイトの１ページ目）でLOGINしてからお申し込みくださるようお願いいたします。 イベント後にクーポン使用のご希望をいただいてもお断りする場合がございます。必ずイベント前にご連絡をお願いいたします。
お申し込みとキャンセル・お支払い： お申し込みと同時にご送金をお願いいたします。締切り（11月20日）後のキャンセルはお受けできません。 お名前の変更は出来ます。
お食事： お食事に制限のある方 (ベジタリアン・アレルギーなど)は 必ずお申し込みと同時にお知らせくださるようお願いいたします。 締切日以降・当日の変更はお受けできません。
Venue InformationRoppongi Hills Club
Roppongi Hills Mori Tower 51F 6-10-1 Roppongi Minato-ku
Venue link →
Access Map →
- Bank transfer