Pass the Passion (Rugby Alliance Event III)
The British Chamber of Commerce in Japan, together with our Rugby Alliance partners, invites you to join us at the third and final of our Rugby Alliance series of events: Pass the Passion!
Join us on November 14 to explore the impact of the Rugby World Cup. Panellists will review the outcomes and lessons learned from the RWC 2019, addressing issues ranging from accommodation, transportation, tourism promotion, benefits to the local community, reception of foreigners in regions, and etc. to ensure the success of the Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics.
The Rugby World Cup (RWC) 2019 has already delivered a huge impact for Japan. According to World Rugby, the RWC 2019 has been making records with the biggest ever official merchandise program. Fan engagement is also high, with 270,000 already having attended Fan Zones as of late September, and a 25.5 rating for NTV broadcast of opening match. The Japan Rugby Football Union has described the RWC 2019’s final whistle as merely the starting point for their ambitious 10-year growth plan, which includes revamping the domestic professional league. We can expect legacy and leverage to be key topics in this session.
Come and join the Rugby Alliance - a coalition of 8 international chambers of commerce - for its third installment where we will exchange stories from the RWC 2019 from a variety of stakeholders as they explore the impact of the tournament and highlight examples of successes and learnings. With the RWC engaging a broad range of constituents and industries, including accommodation, transport, tourism promotion, sports hospitality, local communities, and the reception of inbound tourists in regional Japan, there are a number of key lessons learned from this major tournament.
With the Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games following soon after the RWC, the international and local business community will be wishing to “pass the passion” from RWC19 to ensure that the Games are a success and demonstrate a return on the significant investment required of the host city and country. This luncheon will provide best-practice examples from official and non-official sponsors to inspire more businesses to participate in the excitement.
Matthew Walker, Chief Marketing Office, AIG Japan
Katsuyuki Kiyomiya, Vice President, Japan Rugby Football Union
Additional panelists and moderator to be confirmed soon, so please stay tuned for updates!
BCCJ is very pleased to be co-hosting this special event with over 100 friends and colleagues from the following Chambers:
- Australian New Zealand Chamber of Commerce in Japan
- American Chamber of Commerce in Japan (main organiser)
- British Chamber of Commerce in Japan
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Japan
- French Chamber of Commerce in Japan
- Italian Chamber of Commerce in Japan
- Ireland Japan Chamber of Commerce
- South African Chamber of Commerce in Japan
- Tokyo Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Also in attendance will be representatives from the RWC 2019, World Rugby, host cities, as well as rugby organising bodies in Japan.
Join us for this special event, where we continue the story of our Rugby Alliance project, designed to support Japan on a journey of internationalisation and inclusion, as it delivers this major rugby sporting event for the first time.
What is the Rugby Alliance?
'The Rugby Alliance is a coalition of 8 national foreign Chambers in Japan. Our mission is to support Japan’s delivery of the 2019 Rugby World Cup, fostering a legacy of more inclusive communities that embrace opportunities for international business and exchange.'
"Launch of Rugby Alliance, coalition of 8 international Chambers of Commerce, supporting Japan's Rugby World Cup 2019" HERE
This event is OFF THE RECORD.
- This is a members only event.
Please note that you must be logged into the BCCJ site in order to book a spot at this members-only event.
- Cancellation policy: Paid reservations by October 31, 1200, after which there can be no refunds on cancellations. No-shows will be charged.
- Bookings taken on a first-come-first-served-basis. Prior booking is essential.
- Free seat coupons cannot be used for this joint chamberl event.
- Lunch: (i) Reguar meal (beef) or (ii) Vegan (No meat / No fish / No eggs / No dairy products)
- If you would like to have Vegan menu, please inform us by the deadline. We cannot accept changes on the day.
- お申し込みとキャンセルの締め切りは 10月31日 12:00です。必ず事前予約とご送金をお願いいたします。
- Bank transfer