REPORTS Sports / biz ops
Global Sporting Events in Japan: Highlights and Opportunities (MARCH 2016, REPORT)
British Companies Will Find Plenty of Opportunities to Do Business in Japan with Rugby World Cup 2019 and Tokyo 2020 Drawing Closer
Following the publication of the Global Sporting Events in Japan report from May 2015, the BCCJ in collaboration with UKTI has developed an updated publication looking at the status of major sporting events in the run up to the 2020 Olympics.
The report highlights opportunities for both UK based and Japan based subsidiaries of UK companies looking to capitalize on Japan’s momentum in global sports. Citing information from a broad range of sources including events held by BCCJ, press, websites, original research and interviews the report provides a detailed focus on Japan’s journey on the road after Rio.
Topics Covered include:
- Venues and Masterplanning
- Tokyo 2020 Organisation
- Sponsor Update
- Stadium and Budget
- Tourism and Visitor Experience
- English Language Training
- Rugby World Cup
- Business and Procurement
- About the Weather
The report also refers to relevant information on understanding opportunities in conjunction with the Tokyo 2020 Games Foundation Plan and offers an outline of how Japan’s potential development of supply chains will drive business opportunities in the years to come.
To accompany the updated ‘Global Sporting Events in Japan’ report, UKTI has also published an English version of the Action Plan for the 2020 Olympics as published by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government in December 2015. As the only English version currently available, this action plan provides an invaluable insight into the local government’s preparations beginning from this fiscal year until its final delivery in 2020.
Tokyo Metropolitan Government Action Plans for Tokyo 2020
The Action Plan is categorized into 5 goals which include:
- Passing the Legacy of the Venues and the Olympic Village to the Future as Precious Properties for Tokyoites
- Bringing Sport into Daily Life
- Creating Irreplaceable Impressions and Unforgettable Memories with Tokyoites
- Realising Tokyo – the Most Cultural City in the World by Successing the Olympic and Paralympics Games as a Cultural Festival
- Olympics and Paralympics Education and Creating an Inclusive Society that respects Diversity
The Business Opportunity (June 2015, REPORT)
Three major global sporting events are set to take place in Japan over the coming years. This report sets the scene for British companies who may be interested in becoming involved in the delivery of these events.
The following report gives a detailed explanation of the major global sporting events that will be hosted in Japan over the next few years.
Topics covered include:
- Three Events
- 2020 Olympics background
- Timetable to the Olympics
- Insight into Business Opportunities for UK companies
- Tokyo 2020 – the view from LOCOG
- Rugby World Cup 2019 background
- Rugby World Cup 2019 – the organiser’s view
- About the BCCJ, their partners and contacts
Updates to this report will delve more deeply into top level areas of opportunities for British businesses.