2013 BBA - You Judge the Judges
Sept. 17, 2013
British Business Awards, November 1, 1830-2230, Mandarin Oriental Tokyo
We are very pleased to confirm the names of our 2013 British Business Awards (BBA) judges!
In case you needed more reasons to nominate a candidate for one of this year's six award categories - or to attend one of the foreign community’s most prestigious events of the year - here's a list (in alphabetical order) of the diverse and expert luminaries who will serve as adjudicators.
- David Bintley CBE, Artistic Director, New National Theatre Tokyo
- Danny Choo, Producer of TV show, Culture Japan
- Jon Harding OBE, CEO, UK Trade and Investment
- Nikki King OBE, CEO, Isuzu Truck (UK) Limited
- Ernfred Olsen, Country Executive, Royal Bank of Scotland
- Michael Woodford MBE
For balance, our judges cover as many angles as possible, including the arts, finance, industry, culture, trade and … whistle-blowing. Both genders and those based in Japan and the UK are represented.
And remember that, for the first time ever, all BCCJ members will be invited to vote for Person of the Year, once nominations close on 18 October.
- Full article, by Simon Farrell, editor of BCCJ ACUMEN magazine, appears HERE
- Nominate your company for a British Business Award HERE
Nominations now open!
2013 BBA Award Categories
- Company of the Year NOMINATE HERE
- Entrepreneur of the Year NOMINATE HERE
- UK-Japan Partnership NOMINATE HERE
- Community Contribution NOMINATE HERE
- Person of the Year NOMINATE HERE
- Global Talent (sponsored by the British Council) NOMINATE HERE
Book a table!
2013 British Business Awards (BBA) - Showcasing Excellence Across All Industries
Join us at the Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo, on the evening of November 1 2013, to celebrate business excellence across six categories on the 65th anniversary of the BCCJ.
- A GREAT British dinner, with flavours from the Ambassador’s Residence Kitchen
- Superb wines from the UK’s oldest wine merchant
- London Bar, featuring Sipsmiths gin and vodka, with Fever-Tree mixers
- Spectacular entertainment from virtuoso violinist Diana Yukawa
- Six awards, showcasing business excellence in Japan
- MCs Guy Perryman and Maddie from InterFM
- A fabulous selection of door prizes
- Dress code: Black tie or national dress
- Awards presented by Ambassador Tim Hitchens, CMG LVO