2017 British Business Awards: Nominations CLOSED
Oct. 18, 2017
By the conclusion of the 2017 British Business Awards (BBA) nomination period on, Wednesday, 18 October at 12:00, we had received 25 eligible nominations across 5 categories:
- Company of the Year (5 nominees)
Nominees are required to have shown excellence and reached outstanding achievements in all aspects of their organisation in Japan, focusing on the past 12 months.
- Entrepreneur of the Year (6 nominees)
Nominees are individuals who exemplify entrepreneurialism and have driven commercial success through entrepreneurial spirit. Nominees will typically be leading non-listed organisations in Japan with 25 employees or fewer.
- UK-Japan Partnership (4 nominees)
Nominees are joint ventures or other partnerships that have made demonstrable contributions to enhance the UK-Japan economical or commercial relationship.
- Community Contribution (4 nominees)
Nominees are companies in Japan that have driven exceptionally effective community programmes or initiatives. Nominees should not be NPOs.
- Innovation (6 nominees)
Nominees are companies that have enjoyed commercial success through practicing innovation. Nominees should have released onto the market a successful product, service or solution since January 2016.
- Stay tuned over the coming days to find out which organisations and individuals have been nominated for each award category.
- The judging period for the 2017 British Business Awards (BBA) will run from Oct 19 - Nov 1.
- 2017 BBA winners will be announced at the BBA ceremony and red-carpet gala on Nov 2, 2017.
Over to the judges!
The decision on a winning 2017 BBA entry is the result of the combined score of 5 unrelated judges, who independently score each submission using the same scoring matrix.
Nominations are judged against specific criteria, founded on the BBA values of success, innovation and ethics. The BBA employs a well-defined and tested framework to ensure that the judging process is fair and free of influence.
- 2017 British Business Awards - judging process overview HERE
- The 2017 BBA judging period will run from October 19 - November 1
- More about the 2017 BBA Judges HERE
- The 2017 BBA results will remain confidential until the evening of the BBA ceremony (Nov 2, 1830-2230, Grand Hyatt Tokyo, FULLY BOOKED!)
About the BBA
Now in its tenth year, the British Business Awards (BBA), a not-for-profit event organised by the British Chamber of Commerce in Japan (BCCJ) recognise excellence and promote success and innovation across all industries. The awards also acclaim the important social contributions made by organisations through their commitment to community, ethical behaviour and environmental sustainability.
Submitting a nomination for the BBA provides organisations with the opportunity to review business performance and highlight core strengths, setting a benchmark for industry standards. Nominations are judged against specific criteria, founded on the BBA values of success, innovation and ethics. The BBA employs a well-defined and tested framework to ensure that the judging process is fair and free of influence.
Winning a BBA trophy is a prestigious endorsement of an organisation’s projects, initiatives, products or achievements. Winners are acknowledged as industry leaders and named the best in their respective categories. This is a valuable measure of success that can be used in a variety of communications creating publicity, positive organisational profiling and heightened credibility. Winners are eligible to publicise their achievement in all their marketing collateral, providing they state the category and year in which the award was won.
What nominees can receive!
Winning a BBA trophy is a prestigious endorsement of an organisation's projects, initiatives, results and/or achievements. Winners are acknowledged as industry leaders and named the best in their respective categories. This is a valuable measure of success that can be used in a variety of communications - creating publicity, positive organisational profiling and heightened credibility.
All nominees enjoy:
- pre-event publicity
- on-the-night publicity
Winners will receive a variety of promotional benefits including:
- exposure on BCCJ website and BCCJ-owned social media channels
- priority mentions in relevant industry media throughout subsequent years
- winner interviews and subsequent articles on BCCJ website and communication channels
We wish all 2017 BBA nominees the very best of luck!