2018-2019 BCCJ Executive Committee Elections - NOMINATIONS OPEN!
Feb. 19, 2018
The nomination period for BCCJ 2018-2019 Executive Committee (Excom) and Presidential elections begins today, February 19 2018.
What does this mean?
The BCCJ office will be accepting self-nominations from members who are interested in stepping up to become Excom representatives for Chamber year 2018-2019.
What makes a good Excom candidate?
We are looking for candidates who:
- are interested in contributing to the future of UK-Japan relations
- are working in a position of leadership for a British or Japanese company
- have expertise in communications and marketing
Nominations from women are particularly welcome.
What's the timeline?
The timeline is as follows:
- 19 Feb - 16 Mar
Excom nomination period: BCCJ office accepts completed 2018-2019 Excom nomination forms
- 27 Mar - 12 Apr
Excom election period: BCCJ nominated representatives can vote for their prefered 2018-19 Executive Committee via an online poll, or by post/proxy
- April 26
BCCJ Annual General Meeting: 2017-2018 Excom to be announced
**BOOK SEAT FOR AGM HERE**
Submit a nomination!
How do I nominate myself for an Excom role?
If you would like to nominate yourself for a BCCJ Executive Committee role and / or the role of BCCJ President, please complete the form below:
***NOMINATION FORM HERE***
Summary of Nomination Form
1. Your details
2. Your pledge to Excom and BCCJ members (including which taskforce you would like to join)
3. Your nominees (proposer and seconder)
DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS: MARCH 16 (FRI) AT 1700
- The Excom is run by a minimum of 12 and a maximum of 15 members.
- If the number of candidates for the Excom election is fifteen (15) or fewer, no election will be held.
- All Excom candidates must adhere to the same format in preparing campaign pledges (a maximum of 100 words, as specified on the nomination form). Beyond this, any campaigning or electioneering by candidates is not permitted. Any candidate found to be in breach of this requirement shall have his / her candidacy invalidated and be disqualified. For full details please refer to Clause 7 (b) (vi) of the BCCJ Constitution HERE.
- Excom role, and current Excom members HERE
- What does the Excom do? HERE
(Please note that you must be logged into the BCCJ website to view some of the above members-only content.)